Lemon Cherry Sweet Rolls
These gooey and delicious sticky Lemon Cherry Sweet Rolls are the best! My family and I just love them! It’s hard to eat only one. Trust me, your family will love them too!
I can’t believe it’s almost summer holiday! This is the last week my kids are in school. We are all so excited! The weather here in Idaho is getting warm, the pools will open soon, and the flowers are in full bloom. With the summer holiday arriving, I get to spend more time with my family!
Oh my! Oh my! Let’s get back to these wonderful Lemon Cherry Sweet Rolls!
Seriously, they are so yummy, and so easy using a cake mix. Once you make them, they’re gonna be one of your favorites too.
For The Rolls:
. 1 (16.5oz) box Lemon cake mix
. 4 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
. 2 1/2 cups warm water
. 1 teaspoon salt
. 4 1/2 cups flour
For The Filling:
. 1/2 cup cherry jam
For The Frosting:
. 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
. 1/2 cup butter, softened
. 1 teaspoon vanilla
. 2 tablespoon cherry jam
. 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, stir yeast into warm water, and set aside.
In your kitchen Aid bowl, combine the cake mix, salt, and 4 cups of flour.
Add in the yeast water.
Use the dough hook attachment to combine the ingredients.
Then gradually add the last 1/2 cup of flour. Once the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, and a soft but slightly sticky dough forms, it's ready.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until it is doubled in size.
3. Pour dough onto a floured surface, and knead once or twice. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle, about 12 inches wide, by 24 inches long.
4. Spread the cherry jam evenly over the dough.
5. Roll the dough into a log, and slice the dough into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
6. Place rolls onto a large greased cookie sheet. Cover the rolls with a tea towel, and let them rise for 30 minutes.
7. Bake the rolls at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. While rolls cook, beat cream cheese and butter in mixer until creamy. Mix in vanilla and cherry jam. Gradually add the powder sugar, mixing until smooth.
Once the rolls have baked, and cooled, cover them with frosting!
I can’t wait to make them again using a strawberry cake mix, with strawberry jam for the filling.
As always, it is more fun making these yummy sweet rolls with some fun little helpers!