Garlic Twist Breadsticks | Best EVER Pizza and Breadstick Dough Recipe
I love to make fresh bread! It is one of my favorite memories of my childhood- coming into the kitchen when my mom has just fulled out a fresh loaf of bread or a pan of breadsticks.
While I was in college one of my roommates introduced me to this pizza dough recipe- I thought then and I still think it is the BEST homemade dough recipe out there. I used this for breadsticks for my dinner tonight, but I'll be sure to show you how to make a fantastic pizza with it!
Plates from Pioneer Woman- found here.
In the meantime- here is the recipe for garlic twist breadsticks! I made a video for this too- scroll down to see.
2 cups Warm Water
2 TB Yeast
3 tsp. Salt
4 TB Olive Oil
4 TB Honey
5 cups White Flour
1 stick Butter
2 TB Italian Seasoning
3 TB Garlic Powder
2 TB Dried Minced Onion
1 TB Salt
1. Mix 2 cups of warm water and 2 TB of yeast. Mix together and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
3. Once the dough forms a ball- knead the dough for 2 minutes.
4. Let rise for 10 minutes.
5. Section the dough into balls, roll and flatten, then twist two together.
6. Melt the butter and spread evenly on the breadsticks.
7. Mix together your spices and sprinkle on the top of your breadsticks.
8. Bake for 13 minutes at 425 degrees.