Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Shells
Cheesey Spinach Stuffed Shells, you gotta give this recipe a try! It is so good, and even better the next day.
I’m always looking for recipes that everyone will love. My son Seth really doesn’t like spaghetti, if you can believe that! As for me, I love all Italian food!
This cheesey spinach stuffed shells can be made ahead of time. Just refrigerate it for an easy, and fast, warm up meal. Its perfect to prepare Saturday night, and then pop it into the oven on Sunday, after Church.
I like to serve this cheesey spinach stuffed shells with a side salad, and Kristy’s garlic twist breadsticks. They are on our blog, try them out. They're delicious!
1 16oz Package jumbo pasta shells
16 oz cottage cheese
12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg lightly beaten
2 c. Fresh spinach chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
24 oz favorite spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 lb lean ground hamburger seasoned
1. In a skillet over medium heat brown the hamburger meat with your favorite seasonings, until there is no more pink.
In the same skillet add your favorite spaghetti sauce with 1 tsp of minced garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes on low.
2. Cook the shells according to package directions. I like to cook them just until pliable.
3. In a mixing bowl add your cottage cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, 1tsp garlic powder and 1 egg. Mix together and set aside for shells.
4. In a 10x13in pan add 1 cup of spaghetti and meat sauce, to the bottom of pan. Line the pasta shells into the dish. Now spoon the cheese mixture into the shells, open side up. It’s okay if they’re crowded together. I like to drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the filled shells.
5. Add the rest of the meat sauce over the top of the shells. Then add a cup of shredded mozzarella and a 1/4c. of Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
I can’t wait for you to try this yummy cheesey spinach stuffed shells. Also, if your not a fan of spinach you can always leave it out. Honestly, you really can’t tell it’s in there. I think it makes it look so pretty, and you can say you had your vegetables for the day! Lol!