Easy Cinnamon Rolls with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
I don't know about y'all, but we have pumpkin fever at our house! Today after church, we put up our Fall decorations! It was lots of fun! Afterwards as per usual, we wanted to make a Sunday dessert! We had a craving for cinnamon rolls! And to make them more festive we topped them with pumpkin cream cheese frosting!
2 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons of butter
2 1/2 teaspoon of yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup whole milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick of butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients: 2 cups powdered sugar 1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ginger 8oz cream cheese
Blend the frosting ingredients together with your hand mixer, until creamy. Set aside.
Let's make the dough:
1. In a cup mix the yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 warm water, not hot! Let it get yeasty, and triple in size!
2. In your kitchen aid add in the flour, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl mix the milk, egg, butter, and sugar.
4. Add the yeast, and milk mixture into the dry ingredients.
5. Turn on your kitchen aid, use the dough hook! Mix on low setting, until the dough becomes elastic, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Cover the dough and let it rest and rise about an hour. Then the dough is ready!
Now the filling:
1. Now dump the dough out onto a floured surface. Roll it out into a rectangle.
2. Spread the 1/2 cup butter out all over the dough. Sprinkle on the cup of brown sugar, and the teaspoon of cinnamon.
3. Roll the dough up, and then cut into 12 equal pieces. I just used a sharp knife.
4. Lay 6 cinnamon rolls into a pie dish, and the other 6 cinnamon rolls into a second pie dish. I flatten mine down a bit, so they don't open when baking.
Let's bake them!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Cover the rolls with a dish towel, and set on the stove, let them rise about 30 minutes. Now bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.
Take the rolls out of the oven, and let them cool a bit. Now smother the rolls with the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting!
These smothered cinnamon rolls were so delicious, we took plates of them over to our neighbors! I love this recipe because it makes 12 cinnamon rolls, which is just perfect for our family of four, with some leftover for a couple of our neighbors. These rolls are Amazing! Happy Fall Y'all!